Here are a few photos of Bible quilt blocks. I have gradually been cutting and auditioning fabric choices. I took photos of all blocks, but only posted the individual blocks that were properly oriented on the page - not sideways. However, I posted the full quilt mock up even though sideways - just wanted to see the overall look. Sometime in the future I will begin sewing on the blocks. Not sure when that will be. Lots is going on in May and June including a visit from SuperMom and dd will be home briefly from college before she embarks on the 8 week volunteer project overseas in Morocco - of all places!
Current status of Mock up pattern pieces...Why sideways :(
I am so close to finishing block #30 that it is time to cut and baste block #31 from Chester County Criswell Quilts. I decide to do a little fancy cutting with patterned fabric on the stems. For the leaves, I tried to squeeze the pattern between the stripes on the fabric but that did not quit fit so the edges will so in places. Oh well, it will add to the charm! The colors for this block are very bright green and red compared to most other blocks in which I used muted color or more patterned fabric that decreased the pure red and green looks (not to mention the pinks that I used too). This photo does not do it justice. I'll try again on the picture once the block is finished.
Here's to needle turn applique!
Not much time for quilting as the school year ends. However, in the meantime, this quilt is brightening up my sewing studio! Update: Paper-pieced pattern by Kaffe Fassett in book Quilt Romance. The quilt in the book in made in pinks and purples. Fun pattern!