The daffodils began blooming last week as we headed out for some volleyball action in Ft. Worth. It was supposed to freeze again and pounding rain and sleet would have been too much for their delicate form.
I took along this handy project and was quite successful at making lots of these berries for a wall hanging. I never have done much with circle applique but should get my fill - and hopefully some skill doing about 52 of them for this project! The pattern is from a Kim Diehl book. It is striking, primitive type, different from my usual style. Several quilters are making this pattern so I decided that it would be fun to do it too for a change of pace. It will be fun to see how each wall hanging comes out different. I made some very minor modifications in the design to my liking. Found the background fabric over Christmas vacation.
This is my project for Tuesday group that I attend (twice now) and hope to continue when I can. It does me so much good to have something relaxing away from home and work to look forward to ever other week or so. And, it is nice to be around some fun ladies with life experiences and encouragement to share. I'll update progress as I go. This picture is just a teaser :)