Translate

Friday, August 12, 2011

Invite to West Coast!

This beautiful quilt hangs on the wall in Coral's quilting studio. She is the master of 1/2 square triangle design! Take a look at more photos of the New England quilting weekend to see projects we worked on Coral's blog A Fine Line Studio Her photos of us and our work are much more flattering them mine (which I did not post) since I seem to have caught people with their mouth open, eyes shut etc!

Did you notice the LOVELY Sumac quilt hanging on the wall in her photos? It is her own creation inspired by colorful leaves in her yard a little over a year ago (see tiny photo next to hanging quilt) and brought to fruition during Ruth McDowell's Western Mass. "Designing from Nature" workshop in Western Mass. where Coral and I started our quilting friendship in Oct. 2009.

After reading about my New England weekend, my dear cousin on the west coast assured me that there was fabric and food to be found there too! YIPEE! I have plans to attend a conference in Anaheim, CA in October - right down the street - so to speak from her and she has lined up some great outings while I am there. Can't wait!

I began on the second to last of the 12 blocks of Simply Delicious by Piece O' Cake Designs (an 1996 pattern) before the traveling last week. Applique is always a joy!

No comments: