Translate

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Happy New Year for 2018!

Happy New Year & Happy Blogiversary to me!
WOW! This blog is 9 years old this month. Time flies.

Below is Di's Bally Hall quilt (hanging in Houston - guest photo).
The quilt is one of the classes I took in in November. At that time I 
learned  hand paper piecing of hexies and pentagons. Not sure how
I have been quilting all these years an d never learned this technique,
but it is captivating! I have made hundreds of paper pieces since that
time for this quilt and for the beautiful Giggleswick Mills quilt, another
class taken while at Sentimental Stitches quilt retreat in Shipshawana,
Indiana.

I have made much progress on this quilt at the retreat and since then. 
On a personal note, I am feeling good about the career opportunities
and spring 2018 work plans. Mainly balance is my goal for work and
for personal and crafty endeavors! 

Bally Hall by Di Ford

Di Ford teaching paper piecing


Antique Show & Tell quilt at Shipshewana Retreat



Antique Show & Tell quilt at Shipshewana Retreat




2 comments:

Chris said...

It was great to meet up with you in person after all these years of blogging. I have not yet started the addicting hexies but am still working on the broderie perse birds. My goodness! there are a lot of them in Bally Hall Birds.

الرحمه للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.