Translate

Sunday, June 28, 2009

My FINISHED Spring Mini-Quilt


I can hardly believe it myself...I finished a quilt! ...and in only 6 weeks...of course it helps that is was only 15 " square! LOL But, I did it all by myself without even binding help from Dot...She should be so proud. I really enjoyed using Ruth McDowell's technique and flower design from her book (see my bookshelf). It is machine pieced and machine quilted in the ditch then hand quilted leaves in the border. I used fire opal crystals in the flower center to give an extra sparkle. I had to pull out the books to review binding techniques...and I did a few boo-boos (quilting on one leaf extends into the binding) but hopefully made up for them with extra touches :) I am so happy that my swap partner in Washington, USA likes it a lot! It turned out great! (Thanks to swap partner for the photo!) Stop by her blog "fiberbabble" and say Hi"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!

Dolly said...

Wanda Gayle, that is FABULOUS !

Makes me wish I was the partner that got it ! Wonderful photo she took too.

Well, I'll have to wait a while to produce anything that gorgeous, but you'll be great inspiration in the meantime !

Love ya,

...dotty...

Cathie said...

Have always wanted to try a pieced flower - this is so pretty - fresh and fun. Maybe, just maybe....