Translate

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Indian Paintbrush


I finished "Indian Paintbrush" top while in Massachusetts this weekend. Can you believe it.... me, "finish" (the top). ...but I just started it in October! The design wall that had been keeping it in front of me for those 10 min. sewing sessions looks so bare now. Everyday it was such pleasure seeing it (albeit in pieces) hanging there. Now, to get it quilted. Another, treat?...I became acquainted with another very talented machine quilter (thread-work artist really!) while on the trip and left Paintbrush behind for the finishing touches of quilting! I hope it will work out for her to add the next layer of quilting design to it.

Spring Break has been wonderful! Enjoyed the LOVELY "Thimble Pleasure" Quilt Guild Show on the East Coast! What delightful and talented women. Unmatched thanks goes to my best newest quilting gal pal Coral. She was the quintessential quilter's weekend hostess! Her quilts are amazing and ribbon winners too! (With her permission, I hope to post a photo or two of here work here in the future.) In her company there was evocative conversation, a private quilt collection quilt show (her work), gourmet meals, and the most cozy atmosphere during the very rainy, windy Nor'easter weekend. It could not have been better (except maybe if I worked more and talked less...hehe). But is was ALL good! We WILL get together again...soon I hope :)

1 comment:

Dolly said...

Ooh, that looks SO GOOD !
I'm so happy for your finish, and hope that the quilting pleases you. What fun you seem to have had, and of course, you make friends wherever you go !
Yippee !