Monday, March 18, 2013

Applique Marathon = 1/2 basted block

I began this Mary Mannakee block to add to my Baltimore group. I reduced it for 14" but it is still a very tight fit next to the edges. My intention was just to trace the pieces to freezer paper then I could easily grab to cut out and baste on the go. But no, I just couldn't stop! I ended up tracing and cutting out the entire thing, then basting 1/2 of the block as you see here. Then I couldn't help but applique a few pieces, then a few more... I ended up staying up until 2am each night this weekend working on it! The first night I have a good explanation due to waiting for DDs arrival from abroad. The second night the same for her arrival at the next destination. But last night, really, I was just having too much fun!!


Dolly said...

I really like the little prickly flower petals at the bottom. I don't even comment on the quality of your work anymore......I can now take it for's beautiful !

Wanda - Scraphappy Blended Quilter said...

Thanks for you kind words. I also like these holly-like leaf edges. They are not hard to sew like I thought they would be. I am happy with how they are turning out!
~ Wanda