Translate

Friday, February 13, 2015

Various projects in Progress

Bible Quilt -Jonah's Block
Last week I worked on various projects. It is fun for me to pick up whatever strikes my fancy and fits into the time I have. I paper pieced the sun for Jonah's block in my Bible Quilt. I am very happy with it! (It has a center that will be appliqued on too).



I also recently finished the red cutwork block that I began some time ago. I think it was Chris maybe who helped identify it as a block from Sentimental Stitches Just Take Two (2012) Red Quilt. I have collected many of those patterns when they were offered as free block of the month, but have only made this one block. It just spoke to me at a time when I am working on the Chester County Blocks.



The other project I worked on this weekend was basting the modern baby quilt. This is another item that began awhile ago (Dec. 2013) and is getting my attention now becasue I know exactly who it will go to now.  I am very excited to deliver it on March 3rd - a very important date in my life that has been a long time coming! I made the binding for it recently, a little narrow, but had to be this small to fit the fat quarter I had to make it out of! However, the quilt is small and the batting is warm & natural white - so fairly thin. I will MAKE it work because it is the look I want.
Modern Baby Binding

Miss Amaryllis is AWESOME today !





No comments: